Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Writing 3 (blog posts) for Critique 2

For this post, I need to update on how my last critique went. It was a good critique with good, useful insight from my peers and the instructor that was in my section, which was Josie, the art education instructor. While Josie and I are a little bit on opposite ends of the spectrum with how we do art, I'm very technical while she is very 'crafty,' we still discussed my pieces and were able to determine that for me to become good at illustrations, I need to create several pieces at a time so that I can learn from my practicing.

Wood Duck
art marker
6" x 6"

Male and Female Cardinals
art marker
6" x 6"
We both agreed that the Wood Duck piece was the stronger piece of the two and that the cardinals seemed a little bit hairy instead of feathery. My peers mentioned that they were glad to see me transitioning into color instead of solely working with black and white. I think that I'm glad about it too.

With Spring Break coming up, I hope to have time to create some more bird illustrations, and hone my skills a little bit more.

2. Mattie Parrigon is the next artist that I want to talk about. Mattie does such amazing work that just leaves my jaw on the floor every time that I see something new from her. Mattie's work is detailed and light, but evokes feeling that leaves the viewer wanting more.

Mattie's own project for this semester focuses on senior citizens and the stories that they have to tell. You can tell by the way that Mattie's face lights up when she is talking about her interview with these people, that this is what she loves.

While Mattie is still working her way through school towards a degree, she continues to create pieces that are just stunning. Check her out NOW!

Mattie's Blog!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment