Thursday, April 2, 2015

Writing 6 (blog posts) Artist Lecture

While I have attended each lecture offered this semester, my favorite had to be The Ariel Bowman lecture that occured on April 2. I really liked each piece that she talked about and her process. When creating her pieces, she creates a solid form and then hollows it out to 1/4 of an inch thickness.

I really liked how she created the texture and design on the different animals. I feel that the way she used color helped make the pieces feel older than they actually were.

I felt that her presentation was very professional, but still allowed her to have fun and talk about what she loved and what her passions were. I did not ask any questions of her when she was done, but I listened to the questions that other people asked and found them to be very interesting.





What I took away from the talk was that no matter what, artists need to pursue what interests them and continue to create pieces that match that passion. It helps the artist get those thoughts out of their system and move on to their next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment